New Delhi, October 23, 2014 | UPDATED 10:56 IST
No Crackers

Seven people were charred to death after a fire broke out at a shop in Barmer, Rajasthan on Thursday.

The incident took place around 1 a.m. at the shop in Shastri circle area, where crackers were being sold illegally.

When the fire broke out, the shutters of the shop were down, which is a clear violation of the guidelines as laid down by the authorities.

Five family members of the shop owner and two salesmen could not find their way out of the shop after the fire broke out and died due to suffocation.

The fire, suspected to have been set off by a short circuit, began to spread due to the numerous crackers at the shop.