Posted by Arun Prabhudesai on Jan 22, 2013, trak.in
While discussing with a friend in regards to the Aadhar poll that we posted yesterday on trak.in, I came across something quite interesting. It seems that some of the primary and secondary schools are making it mandatory for students to apply for a Aadhar card.
Here is one of the circulars that was released by the school on their website for parents informing them about applying for Aadhar cards for students.
It includes schemes that involve payments to service providers providing supplies and services to consumers like Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) program which promotes universal primary education for children; program covers funding for school infrastructure, teacher salaries,books, and uniforms.
So, essentially it is important to schools as they will henceforth receive SSA funding based on number of students that may be authenticated using Aadhar Cards.
Have you come across any other schools who are making Aadhar card mandatory?
PLEASE COMMENT WITH DETAILS
- Aadhaar Card not mandatory for Income Certificate for EWS school admissions #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- No Aadhar card? You could be a suspect #UID #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #Kerala to track school kids with #Aadhaar card , seriously #WTFnews #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- In Delhi you can get married or buy a house ONLY if you have UID/ aadhar- #wtfnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Punjab &Haryana High Court-issues notices to Centre over mandatory UID for licence #Aadhaar (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- #Aadhaar Roundup: Ration Cards, Govt Salaries, Passport, Direct Cash Transfer & More #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #Mumbai-Duo used fake documents to get AADHAAR, for clients #UID #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)