RAMPACHODAVARAM, June 1, 2013
Importance should be given to traditions, language, security and the employment of tribals who were displaced due to Indirasagar project, said T.K. Sridevi, Commissioner, Rehabilitation and Resettlement. She directed the implementation officials to provide effective rehabilitation package with a humane touch. She addressed a review meeting on the progress of rehabilitation programmes like land for land, rehabilitation and other packages to the displaced tribals under Indira Sagar project in Rampachodavaram on Friday.
Speaking on the occasion, Ms. Sridevi said that special packages were being implemented for the comprehensive development of tribals, and 44 habitations have been submerged under Indirasagar in the district. She maintained that the Supreme Court has appointed a project monitoring committee to inspect the project execution, and suggested officials to shift the displaced to colonies after giving prior notice and take the assistance of Sub-Collector and ITDA Project Officer to vacate the displaced if they were not willing to do so. She made it clear that all the displaced should be shifted to the colonies by June 15 and submit the report.
The R and R Commissioner explained that the displaced should be vacated on priority basis and the rehabilitation package should be implemented according to guidelines. In the implementation of package, she made it clear that possession should be taken after issuing notices. She said that settlement should be made after estimating the value of the lands of non-tribals. It should be a one-time settlement with the approval of the district Collector. She made it clear that the temples should be reinstated in the same colony if the temples had to be removed. She suggested that the agricultural land should be provided within a radius of three kilometres radius from the colony in land to land package. She mentioned that the packages should be implemented through banking transactions and added that onus was on the officials to monitor whether the beneficiary utilising the funds was doing so in a proper manner.
Ms. Sridevi said that the fertile land, suitable for agriculture, will be given to the displaced people to compensate for their land submerged due to the project, according to government policy. She said that a house site along with financial assistance and rehabilitation will be provided to every displaced beneficiary.
She directed the officials of roads and buildings to estimate the value of submerged buildings and pay compensation according to the value. Rampa Chodavaram Sub-Collector Gandham Chandrudu, Special Collector B. Sudarshan and SE Irrigation B. Vijayabhaskara Rao were present on the occasion.
- 44 habitations have been submerged under Indira Sagar in East Godavari district: official
- ‘Settlement should be made after estimating the value of the lands of non-tribals’
- Rs 212 crore for Omkareshwar dam oustees (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Tribals arrested, lathi-charged for demanding rehabilitation (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Letter to President of India- Protect Rights of Indigenous People or Shoot all of them (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India – Salwa Judum’s record: 99 allegations of rape, not a single FIR (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Odisha pays scant heed to tribal ministry’s directions on mining for Vedanta (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Empower tribals or it will get worse: Ex-DG, BSF (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- SC ban on Salwa Judum not implemented: Nandini Sundar (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India – The Bastar Land Grab #tribalrights #indigenousrights (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- PRESS RELEASE- Repression of people affected by Kharak Dam in Madhya Pradesh (kractivist.wordpress.com)