Release of Fact Finding Report on the Bomb Blast in Dhinkia Panchayat
On the 9th of March 2013, a 12 member team consisting of human rights activists, journalists, academicians, democratic right and civil liberty activists, conducted a fact finding visit to Dhinkia and Govindpur villages in Jagatsinghpur District of Orissa. On the 2nd of March 2013, a bomb blast took place in the Govindpur village and three people were killed on the spot. One seriously injured person also succumbed to the injuries in hospital. The police only arrived after 15 hours to Govindpur and took the first assessment of the incident. However, the district administration within a couple of hours of the blast issued the statement that the deceased were involved in the illegal act of bomb making. The villagers and families of the deceased are claiming that the administration want to fasten the process of land grab in favour of POSCO (Pohang Steel Company of Korea) and fear for their lives for opposing the project.
The fact finding team comprised of Mr. Meher Engineer (Former Director, Bose Institute, Kolkata), Mr. Sumit Chakravartty (Editor, Mainstream Weekly, Delhi), Dr Manoranjan Mohanty (Retd Professor, Delhi University), Mr. Pramodini Pradhan (PUCL Odisha), Mr. Saroj Mohanty (PUCL, Odisha), Ms Ranjana Padhi (PUDR, Delhi), Dr Kamal Chaubey (PUDR, Delhi(, Mr. Sanjeev Kumar (Delhi Forum, Delhi), Mr. Mathew Jacob (HRLN, Delhi), Ms Samantha (Sanhati), Mr. Partho Roy (Sanhati) and Mr. Gyan Ranjan Swain (Ravenshaw University)
The objective of the visit was to assess the situation in the wake of escalated violence caused by the land acquisition process which again resumed in the area on the 4th of February 2013. During the visit, the team had a detailed discussion with all the concerned stake holders.
The report will be released by Justice (Retd.) Rajinder Sachar on the 16th of April, 2013 at Press Club of India at 3 PM. Looking forward for your participation.
Date – 16th April, 2013
Time – 3 PM Onwards
Venue – Press Club of India
- #India – Fact Finding team including scientists, activists assaulted in Odisha #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- PRESS RELEASE- Mr Naveen Patnaik apologize to the Women of Govindpur, Patana and Dhinkia #Posco #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- PRESS RELEASE- Fact Finding to assess the situation of escalated violence in Odisha (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- DOWNLOAD: Fact Finding Report on Anti-POSCO Struggle (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Open Letter to the Chief minister of Odisha #Vaw #Womensday (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- PRESS RELEASE- PUDR on Rejection of Devinder Pal Bhullar’s plea by the Supreme Court (kractivist.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply