April 1, 2013 · http://freepress.in/
The Central Government is doing a direct Cash Transfer into the hands of the Poor Indian Citizens using UIDAI based Aadhar Payment Gateways / Biometric Payment systems / ATM. The key problem areas that we identified through our interactions with block-level and district-level officials, a few recipients, and BCs
are as follows,
Frequent connectivity issues – There were days when the BC was unable to consummate even a single transaction due to lack of connectivity.
Authentication failure – Another common complaint was failure of fingerprint authentication. Field officials gave examples of some recipients who were not able to verify their identity at the micro ATM even after multiple attempts and finally had to visit the bank branch to get the cash.
Banks are Reluctant Partners Without Service Oriented Goals
None of the recipients we interacted with had a bank passbook despite an express provision that all account holders will be provided with a passbook. This gives the beneficiaries no scope to check whether their money received matched the credit in their accounts. In addition, lack of passbooks makes the BC a compulsory channel for payments.
Business Correspondents Commission Payment ir-regular
These intermediaries have to be paid their commissions and incentives on time if the BC-operated, micro-ATM-enabled payment system has to work successfully and with integrity. We found instances of long delays in payments of incentives to the BCs. Further, surprisingly, there lack of clarity on the chain of command. The BCs were not sure whether the bank or the company that had the responsibility of creating the BC network was responsible for their payments.
Overall, our interactions suggested a favourable disposition towards the AEPS, mainly driven by ease of payments at the doorstep instead of a long travel required earlier.
- Everybody wants an Aadhaar card. But why? #UID #mustread (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Don’t tamper with personal freedom via Aadhar and UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Dispelling the haze of #Aadhaar #UID #biometrics #mustread (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #Mumbai-Agent link: 10 UIDAI operators suspended #Aadhaar #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Linking #Aadhaar to Direct Benefit Transfer scheme a mistake, says Aruna Roy #UID #biometrics (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India – Why is the UPA Reluctant to debate and Legislate ? #UID #Aadhaar (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- AP postal dept returns over 2.78 lakh #Aadhaar cards back to UIDAI #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Cash for vote? #Aadhaar #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India -Lack of safeguards in ID cards questioned #UID #Aadhaar (kractivist.wordpress.com)
Justice Ayesha Malik notified as Pakistan's first woman SC judge
World Mental Health Day: These artists are talking about depression, anxiety through comics
Calling student ‘chashmish’, ‘kalu’ will amount to ragging: S N Medical College
Indian and International Organisations Condemn The Unjust Arrest of Activist Dayamani Barla
Leave a Reply