RAIPUR | Jan 14,2013,
Two officials of Chattisgarh education department were today arrested in connection with the rape of minor inmates of a government-run residential school for tribal girls at Jhaliyamari village in Kanker district.
With today’s arrests, the total number of those held in this connection so far has reached eight, including two teachers.
“Block Education Officer (BEO) S S Navarji and Additional Block Education Officer (ABEO) Jitendra Kumar Nayak were booked for inaction against the rape accused when the incident came to light in November last year,” Superintendent of Police Rahul Bhagat told PTI.
“Deputy Sarpanch of Jhaliyamari village Sukalu Ram Netam had informed Navarji about the alleged sexual assault on inmates in the residential school following which the officer directed Nayak to probe the matter,” Bhagat said.
“After the investigation, rape on minor inmates was confirmed but no action was taken against the accused and even they (BEO and ABEO) did not inform the police,” he said.
Both will be produced in a local court of Kanker today, the SP said.
The incident of sexual assault on minor inmates of the government-run residential school for tribal girls in Jhaliyamari village of Kanker district was reported to police on January 6, following which two people including contract teacher – Mannu Ram Gota (24) – and school watchman – Deenaram – were arrested.
Later Superintendent of the residential school Babita Markam, Deputy Sarpanch of the village Sukalu Ram Netam and a villager Lachhu Ram were held for abetment.
The incident sparked outrage across the state and in view of this, the state government has directed to conduct inspection of all residential schools and hostels.
The main Opposition Congress has claimed that more such incidents can come to light after the inspection.
- #Chhattisgarh: Tribal girls allegedly raped in a school hostel #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India, #Chhattisgarh- Kanker and its sordid tale of rapes and abuse #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Chhattisgarh home minister blames ‘stars’ for crime against women #WTFnews #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #Chhattisgarh-‘Women equally responsible for crimes against them’ says Women commisison #WTfnews #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- #Chhattisgarh Minor girl raped, video clip posted on internet #Vaw #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply