Dalit youth’s murder: Tension continues in Hisar village, one accused held

  • Neeraj Mohan, Hindustan Times, Rohtak
  • |

  • Updated: Oct 04, 2015 12:19 IST

The relatives of the deceased and villagers arguing with the police in Sadalpur village of Hisar on Friday. (Manoj Dhaka/HT)

Tension prevailed at Sadalpur village of Hisar district on Saturday, where a 22-year-old Dalit youth was shot dead on Thursday night even as the police arrested an accomplice of the two accused in the murder.

The agitated relatives of deceased Vinod Kumar and some villagers had torched two Haryana Roadways buses in protest against the alleged police inaction.

The police arrested accused Parveen Kumar from the Rajasthan border on Saturday, but main accused Sunil Kumar and Anup were still at large.

The police also arrested a relative of the deceased, Hanuman Singh, and booked some villagers for damaging public property while protesting against the murder.

Talking to Hindustan Times, Hisar superintendent of police (SP) Satender Gupta said, “One accused has been arrested for the murder and another person has been arrested for damaging public property.”

He added, “Several teams have been formed to arrest the two accused and the police have been deployed in the village to deal with any untoward incident.”

Adampur police station incharge Devender Singh said, “The police have also booked some villagers for damaging public property and arrested Hanuman Singh of Sadalpur village on the complaint of drivers of the bus which were burnt by the agitated villagers”. Vinod Kumar, a resident of Sadalpur village of Adampur block of Hisar district, was allegedly shot dead by two youths on Thursday night at a dairy farm at the village.

On Friday morning, the relatives of the deceased and other villagers blocked the Fatehabad-Adampur road at Bhana village for six hours and refused to cremate his body till the arrest the accused.

The police had registered a case of murder against Sunil, Anup and others of the Sadalpur village and arrested their accomplice Parveen Kumar on Saturday. Praveen Kumar was produced in a local court which remanded him in three-day police custody.