A few of us, women’s organizations, had met to discuss the Delhi Rape Case and the three horrific acts of violence which have taken place in Mumbai in the past 3 weeks. If Mumbai is not as bad as Delhi, we are fast catching up.
We felt that we should have a series of demos, press conferences, petitions as well as discuss a long term plan for taking up the issue of violence. We invite you to the first action – a short demonstration which will take place at the spot where a man used a sickle against an unknown woman saying, “I thought she was my wife”!!
Date: Saturday 22nd Dec Time: 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Venue: outside Dadar East Station [at the Hanuman Temple]
Please bring at least 5 banners per organization on different forms of violence. We would appreciate it if you do not get your organization banners so that we can project a joint women’s [and men’s] platform.
There will be a battery operated mike for us to sing songs and shout slogans.
(Please pass this invitation to your friends and networks.)
- #DelhigangRape accused now charged with attempt to murder (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- ATTN – BOMBAY KI KAHAANI MUMBAI KI ZUBAANI- 14th Dec- 13th Jan 2013 #mustshare (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #Mumbai- Mistaking woman for wife, man attacked her with a knife #WTFnews #VAW (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #Mumbai- Public hearing of victims of Oral Divorce @17dec #Vaw #Religion (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Delhi gang-rape: Rapists wanted to ‘teach girl a lesson’ #WTFnews #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Bombay HC -‘Something is wrong somewhere’ #Vaw #Acidattack (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India-Criminal recognition to #maritalrape in India is long overdue #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply