A concerned, educated Indian who does not take paintings at face value.
In a recent Business Standard article, Mr. M.R. Srinivasan – former Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission makes a case for nuclear power in India.
I dare him to a debate.
Half truths cannot ever tell the real story.
The fact of the matter is that, what when you talk of a 1000MW project, all nuclear plants in India operate at average 60% capacity utilization (mostly 40%).
To create that sort of combined wind and solar project, it will not take more than two years. Gujrat did it recently and there is no reason other states cannot. Note that this year itself wind energy contribution in Tamil Nadu is at a historic high.
To state that wind does not always blow and the sun does not always shine is an argument unbecoming of a scientist. Obviously he knows better, because the sun does not shine at night and life goes on because of ‘stored’ energy!
Mr. Srinivasan says it it not impossible to transport coal, it is only difficult. Why are we only looking for easy answers? Is that become our psyche that we can no longer think of alternatives, just because they are difficult?
Transporting coal from Neyveli in Tamil Nadu to U.P. for power generation is not cheap – it is correct only because politics deems it to be. Have you considered the Transmission and Distribution (T&D) losses and ways to plug these criminal wastages? Or are they too difficult.
For every solution given to the Atomic Energy Board, things are either too difficult or politically inconvenient.
The only convenient thing is to put thousands of innocent lives at risk.
There are many other facts that can be discussed, Mr.Scientist.
And even I – as a layman – will counter them.
I dare you to a debate, Sir.
CONTACT- [email protected]
- T.N. ups vigil as anti-Kudankulam activists threaten to intensify stir (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- India’s Renewable Energy Ministry draft guidelines on offshore wind likely in a month (panchabuta.com)
- Immediate Release- Koondankulam hunger strike and demands (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Immediate Release-Curfew orders Clamped, Arrest Alert # Koodankulam (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Health of more then 300 anti nuke women protesters deteriorates #Koondakulam (kractivist.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply