- Team Member of FFT:- 1. Ms Devika Biswas, Convenor, Health Watch Forum,Bihar,2. Dr. Mokhtarul haque, State Convenor , Bachpan Bachao Andolan, Bihar, 3. Mr. Rajeshwar Paswan, State Coordinaotr, Representative National Campaign on Dalit Human Right, Bihar Chapter, 4. Mr. Govinda Jha Local Health activist & Initial Organizer of the Fact Finding & AWW Lalita Devi.
- SOURCE OF Information: Based on News Paper information appeared in different Papers, and particularly Dainik Jagaran on different days- this team went in the field to collect information form such victims ofHysterectomy, their family members expert doctor, journalists & opinion political leaders etc.
- Place visited:- A. Ex Deputy Superintend of Sadar Hospital Dr. Ashok Verdhan Sahay, MBBS, MS at his Govt. residence for expert view on Hysterectomy Scam & his view on it Villages (a) Manipur (b) Begampurof Panchayat Shekhopur of Block Warisnagar to meet some of such victims of RSBY- Hysterectomy Scam & their family members to hear their experience,& statement about the Scam.
- At Hotel onStation Road to meet Dainik Jagaran Bureau Chief of Samastipu, Mr. Kaushelendra and his investigating journalist Mr. Keshaw and RJD General Secretary Local Leader, Mr. Faizu Rahman, Faiz to know the fact their notion about the RSBY- Scam of Mass Hysterectomy.
- The Fact From the Mouth of the Victims:-
The team met a total of 10 such women who were interviewed & some of their family members. They narrated their experience- Out of these 10 women 4 women had their Hysterectomy done in 2010 and 6 women in 2011. Some of them also asked to go for deposition at the Enquiry/ Probe camp at Patel Madam, recently. Only3 women who underwent Hysterectomy operation had an operation cum prescription report and two were operated at Krishna Hospital run by Dr. Mahesh Thakur and one by Ram Jyoti Hospital run by Dr. P.K. Mishra and all other 7 women were operated upon by Mahamuni Sewa Sansthan and had noprescription or paper. people were very light lipped & silent about who took them to these hospitals for treatment (Which gives doubt about the strong & involvement of nexus of middlemen who are still active and & underground).
- Sumitra Devi W/o Ramashis Ram of Village Manipur of Panchayat of Shekhopur warisnagar Block age (30-32 years actual) having complaints of Abdominal pain for 3-4 years. (Smart Card No. 0018380110 203840 3) went direct to the Mahamuni and immediately operated upon there in 2010 and were in hospital for 8-9 days under free(cashless) treatment & had to busy medicines for a month of her own costing Rs. 2000-3000/-. Now she has no pain in the abdomen, she has nothing to say against the clinic, No question about treatment or how she know that organization would provide her free service (she had 3children).
- Chandrika Devi W/o Pramod Ram of the Same village & place Age (24-25 years) having only two children, she had only abdominal pain 1 month prior to operation in 2010 & went at night to Mahamuni for Hysterectomy operation & operated stayed there for 7-8 days on free treatment & afterwards buy medicine of her own for a month. Now she has no complaint and no grievance against the accredited organization and no question about treatment mode.( Her Smart card No 00100 80110 203340 1).
- Name Kalawati Devi W/o Ramsewak Ram of same village Age( About 40 years) having 6 children. Her problem was prolapre of utrus over 1 year then she was operated in 2010 at Mahamuni & had a free treatment for 16-12 days and afterwards had to buy medicine worth Rs. 3000/- of her own. Now her complaint has gone she has no complaint & question about treatment.(Her Smart Card No. 00333 68110 205380 7).
- Janki Devi W/o Tuntun Das of the same village Age (about 40 years) having 10 children (5 died) had a chronic complaint of severe abdominal pain, repeated menstruation (3-4 times in a month), weakness etc. She was operated upon in 2010 for Hysterectomy in Mahamuni and stayed there for 9-10 days with all free treatment and later on also buyed medicine of her own for Rs. 6000/– for six month. She feels still weak but no question on complaint against treatment (Smart Card No. 00135 80110 203840 9). Her husband not getting any treatment free & were told that the Smart Card is meant only for operation related treatment.
- Radheya devi w/o Ramashray Paswan Age approx 40 years and having 6 children of the same village had chronic complaint of while discharge with foul samell & abdominal pain, She went to Mahamuni for Hysterectomy which was operated on July 2011. She was hospitalized for 9 days during Hysterectomy fully fee of coast. After waards she went on treatment for 6 months of her own cost ( Rs. 6000/- approx). She still has weakness & sewelling on her legs after operation but no doubt on grievances against the hospital ( Her Smart Card No. 00134 80110 203840 8).
- Rampari Devi (Smart Card No. 00212 80110 203840 5) W/o Bishandev Ram of the same village Age about 35 yers having 6 children had complaints of Abdominal pain & appendix & went straight toMahamuni for operation which was done in August 2011 & as per her statement both Hysterectomy & appendix were operated & now she is feeling better. She was in the clinic for 9 days & was given total free treatment during that period later on she had do purchase her medicine from her own pocket worth Rs. 5000/-. She also has no question & complaints against Mahamuni.
- Sunita Devi W/o harikrishna Paswan of the same village Age 35-40 years having 6 children. She had problem of Abdominal pain over a year and went to Darbhanga sadar hospital first where she was asked to undergo for Hysterectomy there. Then she returned home and took second opinion from Sadar Hospital, Samastipur who also advised fro Hysterectomy. Then she went to Mahamuni for Hysterectomy operation and was operatid upon in April 11. Now she has no complaint or question about treatment at Mahamuni where she has been for 9 days free stay &7 afterwards spent own money on medicine worth Rs. 2000/-.(Her Smart Card No. 00088 81110 190362 3).
- Rupa Devi w/o Sriram Paswan of Manipur village Age 30 years having 6 children had long complaint of sever Abdominal pain & heavy bleeding during menstruation and white discharge.She had earlier went for sterilization operation . Her husband who is a rickshawpuller used to take patients for treatment to Kreshna Hospital at Adarsh Nagar, Samastipur. When private medication failed, he took his wife straight to Krishna Hospital on 13.09.11 where she was immediately operated for Hysterectomy & stayed till 24.09.11 as cashless treatment & her papers shows prescription & hospitalization charges for Rs. 10000/- from her Smart Card ( No. 00194 81110 1903662 1) afterwards she had to buy medicines worth Rs. 4000/-. She is now feeling well and no complaint or question about treatment on accredited service providers. Her husband & mother in-law & brother in-law desired of any involvement of middlemen . But they could not answer how they knew that Krishno Hospitals does operation on
Smart Card and it is cashless. They keept silence on this topic.
- Radha Devi W/o Raghunath Paswan of same village Age 35 years having 5 children she had abdominal pain, white discharge etc for some times. Hearing about the successful operation of Rupa devi- decided to go for Hysterectomy operation at Krishna Hospital as she already heard that all women of her villages who went on for such operation are now feeling better. Thus she went derictly to Krishna Hospital for Hysterectomy operation & was operated on the same day after ultra-sound on 15.11.2011. Now she has no complain(.Smart card No.00131 81110 190369)
- Rina Devi ( Age 23-24 yrs) w/o Dipu Paswan of village begampur of Shekhopur Panchayat of Warisnagar Block of Samastipur District. She is quite young having only two sons was suffering from prolapsed of uterus since her second child so she went to Mishra Nurshing home firt for her treatment, there Dr. Mishra told her that her uterus have to be removed through vaginal operation as already she tried to fix it through Ring pressure inserted by a untrained Dai( Chamain) which came out after sometime. She was not ready to have the operation through vagina rather wanted to have it through abdominal operation as she thought in each case any other problem inside her belly could be detected by doctor and he can also treat that as well. So, next she went to Ram Jyoti Hospital. They also told her that she needs operation. Trusting that the organization would do the operation through open abdomen surgery but as per the papers she had vaginal operation of the uterus. Though she said she was admitted and operated on 21st and 22nd but her papers shows (overwriting) the date of operation on 23rd & relieving on 29th. Though she was there for a 5-6 days under free treatment (Smart Card No. 00416 7_110 2039008).
Afterwards she had medication at her cost. She still feels that her uterus still coming out in the vagina. When she went back to Ram Jyoti hospital to tell that her prolapsed of uterus still persists then the Dr. tolled her to come after two months after gaining health by taking good nutrition for the second time operation of the uterus but she did not go for giving deposition against the hospital.