Pilerne Citizens Forum in Goa has filed a complaint with Nandan Nilekani, chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India
PANAJI, GOA: Bogus ration cards, a fact which has been acknowledged by Goa’s civil supplies ministry, are being used to acquire Aadhaar cards in the state, a civil society group claimed Thursday.
“Bogus ration cards are being used as identity proofs, especially in slum areas, to get Aadhaar cards. This will reduce the social security number exercise to a farce,” Yatish Naik, a spokesperson of the Pilerne Citizens Forum (PCF) told reporters here.
The PCF, which brought to light instances where ration cards had been forged by the hundreds a couple of years back, has filed a complaint with Nandan Nilekani, chairman of the Unique Identification Authority of India — in-charge of the central agency implementing the Aadhaar card project.
“We have asked Nilekani to plug this loophole,” Naik said.
The civil supplies ministry has already ordered a probe into the problem of fake ration cards after a ruling legislator told the Goa assembly recently that Nepali and Bangladeshi nationals had obtained ration cards by forging documents.
- Use of #Aadhaar card in Voting in Karnataka Assembly Elections #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Public clamouring for Aadhaar cards enrolled several months ago #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Do you know why #Aadhaar – #UID is NOT compulsory #mustread (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India – #Aadhaar private ownership of UID data – Part II (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Maharashtra loses data of 3 lakh #UID cards #Aadhaar #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India Aadhaar card: Many worried about #privacy #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Aadhaar not good for ID #UID #biometrics (kractivist.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply