By IANS – LUCKNOW
25th December 2012 08:11 AM
A minor’s rapist and murderer was Monday sentenced to death by a Bareilly court in Uttar Pradesh even as the state government issued orders to slap charges under the stringent National Security Act (NSA) on all rape accused.
Accused Ashok had raped a 10-year-old girl in Vidhauli village in Bhuta area May 27, 2009. After the sexual assault, he strangled the girl.
Special Judge U.C. Pandey held the accused guilty of murder and rape and sentenced him to death. A fine of Rs.1 lakh was also imposed.
In another case, Sessions Judge of Balrampur J.R. Pandey gave a rapist 10 years’ rigorous imprisonment and imposed a fine of Rs.5,000.
The case pertained to Parsia village where a minor girl was raped Feb 10, 2011.
The government Monday issued orders to slap charges under the NSA on all the rape accused. The harsh provisions allow police to keep an accused under preventive detention for up to 12 months
- IMMEDIATE RELEASE- Statement condemning sexual violecne and opposing #deathpenalty (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- I oppose #deathpenalty, #bobbitization, #chemicalcastration for #Rape will you KILL me ? #ShameonTOI #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- How not to think about violence against women: Noopur Tiwari (kafila.org)
- #India -Understanding the Incomprehensible #delhigangrape #stopthisshame #mustread #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- #Chhattisgarh Minor girl raped, video clip posted on internet #Vaw #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply