The ghastly incident took place at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital today.
- 2 Incident took place at Ram Manohar Lohia hospital.
- 3 The woman had succumbed to food poisoning.
The ghastly incident took place at Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital today. The body of the woman who died of food poisoning was preserved in morgue for post-mortem.
However, owing to mismanagement and poor infrastructure, the body of the woman was eaten by stray dogs. The body mauled so badly that was damaged beyond recognition.
The woman, who was admitted to the hospital on Saturday, died while undergoing treatment. The body was later shifted to the hospital morgue. However, the incident has been attributed to the recklessness of the mortuary staff.
Following the incident, the mortuary guard, ward boy and supervisor have been suspended. An investigation into the incident is underway.
Director of the hospital Devendra Singh Negi said that stringent action will be taken against the staff for their irresponsibility. Negi added that any other person found guilty in the incident too will be punished.
Despite the hospital authorities stand to punish its staff, sources said that such incidents have happened here in t