The New Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act came into effect on April 23, 2013.
Under the Act, employers’ organisations must have mechanisms to address complaints of sexual harassment, and deal with such complaints within 90 days. Non-compliance of the law is punishable by a fine, and repeated non-compliance can lead to higher penalties and cancellation of the employer’s licence to conduct business.
The law comes 15 years after the Supreme Court’s historic Vishakha judgment in 1997.
The Vishakha judgment was incorporated into the Central Civil Services(Conduct) Rules, 1964 and the The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Rules, following the 1999 order on the Medha Kotwal case.
- #India – Sexual Harassment at Workplace Bill becomes Law #Vaw #Womenrights (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #Mumbai- Women Hunted at workplace , Hounded for Protest #Vaw #Womensday (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- IMMEDIATE RELEASE- Eclipsing Women’s Rights: Sexual Harassment at Sun TV # Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Sun news reader suspended after sexual harassment plaint #Vaw #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Sun TV Sexual Harassment Case- Response from Women Journalists #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Prasar Bharati CEO on AIR #sexualharassment case #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Download Judgement- Rina Mukherjee vs The Statesman #sexualharassment #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Sexual harassment at the workplace: Lessons learned about the way things work (gritprajnya.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply