Jayajit Dash | Bhubaneswar June 19, 2013 ,BS
“We are looking at the possibility of importing bauxite as it will enable us to restart operations of the refinery quickly. VAL is exploring the possibility of imports from countries like Indonesia, Tanzania, and Australia. We hope to work out a deal in the next four-five days,” said a senior company official.
Although imported bauxite will be costlier for VAL, the firm is considering the option for the time being amid a hostile regulatory environment that has led to the suspension of many bauxite mines and also a lack of firm commitment from private miners on supplies.
- Odisha pays scant heed to tribal ministry’s directions on mining for Vedanta (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Vedanta’s #CSR : Resettlement ‘prison’ and false arrests at Lanjigarh #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Activist alleges Odisha govt trying to manipulate SC order on bauxite mining (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Bauxite mining: Tribal ministry objects to Odisha’s move against SC order (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Anti-Vedanta cry gets shriller- Tribals made aware of ill- effects of Mining (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India displaced women and children imprisoned for a month by #Vedanta and police #Vaw #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Odisha- Gram sabha ball set to roll for Vedanta bid to mine at Niyamgiri Jills (kractivist.wordpress.com)