The outlook for both ratings remains negative. Vedanta’s rating reflects its earnings generation underpinned by its acquisition of Cairn India in December 2011, but its operating cash flow is restrained by softer commodity prices in the current year. While capital investment can be deferred to compensate for weaker cash flow, the purchase of the Government’s stake in Hindustan Zinc at some stage and the Group’s refinancing requirements over the next 9 months, leave undue pressure on its liquidity and rating.
However, Vedanta still showed USD 484 million of free cash flow post expansionary capex in H1 FY13.
Mr Alan Greene VP senior Credit Officer of Moody’s said that “Vedanta’s EBITDA for the financial year ended March 2013 will include a full 12 months of Cairn India instead of the less than four months of contribution made in FY12. However, given the output challenges in the iron ore business and only modest output ramp-ups elsewhere, EBITDA in H2 FY13 is not expected to advance on that achieved in H1 FY13.”
Mr Greene said that “The bedrock of the business is clearly Vedanta’s 58.5% stake in Cairn India, and following its recent restructuring, it is now able to convert its cash flow into dividends.”
Source – Business Line
- #Vedanta ropes in IBM to enable strong business growth (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- UK- acknowledges unethical practices of Indian-owned Vedanta Resources (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Faking Happiness- #Vedanta will adopt 92 rural schools in south Rajasthan (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Vedanta’s Alumina Refinery Shuts Down In Odisha (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Vedanta: all that glisters is not gold (telegraph.co.uk)
- #India- No Mining ,No Vedanta #Indigenous #Tribal #mustwatch (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- London listed mining company #Vedanta caught before the Mountain of Law (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Land acquisition process withdrawn for Sterlite’s steel plant #goodnews #Vedanta (kractivist.wordpress.com)