“As organizations, networks, and individuals working on gender and social justice, we have gathered at a national seminar in Pune to discuss “engaging men and boys in care work”. We note with concern the increasing reports of sexual harassment in the NGO and voluntary sector. We are particularly disturbed to hear that men working on issues of gender justice and human rights have also been identified in these reports.
The #MeToo campaign has finally provided space for women to speak out after years and sometimes even decades. We stand in solidarity with all survivors of sexual harassment who have bravely come forward to share their experiences. We extend our support to all women, including those who choose to remain silent or anonymous.
We emphasize it is imperative for all organizations to set up committees to address sexual harassment in accordance with the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013. We affirm our conviction that all work spaces should be safe and enabling, where everyone can work without the fear of discrimination, violence, or harassment, and where prompt and timely redress mechanisms are put in place.”
1. Sangat – A Feminist Network; Kamla Bhasin, Meenal Manolika, Nastasia Paul Gera, and Nidhi Gupta
2. Mahila Sarvangeen Utkarsh Mandal (MASUM); Ramesh Awasthi and Manisha Gupte
3. Centre for Health and Social Justice; Rimjhim Jain
4. Men Engage Global Alliance; Abhijit Das
5. Forum to Engage Men; Satish Singh
6. Akshara; Nandita Shah and Nandita Gandhi
7. Vikalp Santhan; Yogesh Vaishnav
8. Swayam; Swati Sanyal
9. Men Against Violence and Abuse (MAVA); Altamash & Suraj
10. Jeeva; Mira Sadgopal
11. Parichiti; Anchita Ghatak
12. Purush Uvach; Geetali V.M. and Mukund Kirdat
13. Astha Priyadarshini
14. Bharati Sharma
KCR hires vaastu expert to rebuild Telangana; his salary Rs 75,000 a month #WTFnews
POCSO Act Insufficient, Sexual Abuse of Children Rampant
Appointment of Justice Arun Mishra as Chairperson, NHRC:Another Move to Subvert & Destroy Democratic...
Disability Activists Demand New Legislation to Replace the Rehabilitation Council of India Act, 199...
Leave a Reply