Petition By Israeli soldiers and reservists
26 July, 2014
We were soldiers in a wide variety of units and positions in the Israeli military—a fact we now regret, because, in our service, we found that troops who operate in the occupied territories aren’t the only ones enforcing the mechanisms of control over Palestinian lives. In truth, the entire military is implicated. For that reason, we now refuse to participate in our reserve duties, and we support all those who resist being called to service.
The Israeli Army, a fundamental part of Israelis’ lives, is also the power that rules over the Palestinians living in the territories occupied in 1967. As long as it exists in its current structure, its language and mindset control us: We divide the world into good and evil according to the military’s categories; the military serves as the leading authority on who is valued more and who less in society—who is more responsible for the occupation, who is allowed to vocalize their resistance to it and who isn’t, and how they are allowed to do it. The military plays a central role in every action plan and proposal discussed in the national conversation, which explains the absence of any real argument about non-military solutions to the conflicts Israel has been locked in with its neighbors.
The Palestinian residents of the West Bank and Gaza Strip are deprived of civil rights and human rights. They live under a different legal system from their Jewish neighbors. This is not exclusively the fault of soldiers who operate in these territories. Those troops are, therefore, not the only ones obligated to refuse. Many of us served in logistical and bureaucratic support roles; there, we found that the entire military helps implement the oppression of the Palestinians.
Many soldiers who serve in non-combat roles decline to resist because they believe their actions, often routine and banal, are remote from the violent results elsewhere. And actions that aren’t banal—for example, decisions about the life or death of Palestinians made in offices many kilometers away from the West Bank—are classified, and so it’s difficult to have a public debate about them. Unfortunately, we did not always refuse to perform the tasks we were charged with, and in that way we, too, contributed to the violent actions of the military.
During our time in the army, we witnessed (or participated in) the military’s discriminatory behavior: the structural discrimination against women, which begins with the initial screening and assignment of roles; the sexual harassment that was a daily reality for some of us; the immigration absorption centers that depend on uniformed military assistance. Some of us also saw firsthand how the bureaucracy deliberately funnels technical students into technical positions, without giving them the opportunity to serve in other roles. We were placed into training courses among people who looked and sounded like us, rather than the mixing and socializing that the army claims to do.
The military tries to present itself as an institution that enables social mobility—a stepping-stone into Israeli society. In reality, it perpetuates segregation. We believe it is not accidental that those who come from middle- and high- income families land in elite intelligence units, and from there often go to work for high-paying technology companies. We think it is not accidental that when soldiers from a firearm maintenance or quartermaster unit desert or leave the military, often driven by the need to financially support their families, they are called “draft-dodgers.” The military enshrines an image of the “good Israeli,” who in reality derives his power by subjugating others. The central place of the military in Israeli society, and this ideal image it creates, work together to erase the cultures and struggles of the Mizrachi, Ethiopians, Palestinians, Russians, Druze, the Ultra-Orthodox, Bedouins, and women.
We all participated, on one level or another, in this ideology and took part in the game of the “good Israeli” that serves the military loyally. Mostly our service did advance our positions in universities and the labor market. We made connections and benefited from the warm embrace of the Israeli consensus. But for the above reasons, these benefits were not worth the costs.
By law, some of us are still registered as part of the reserved forces (others have managed to win exemptions or have been granted them upon their release), and the military keeps our names and personal information, as well as the legal option to order us to “service.” But we will not participate—in any way.
There are many reasons people refuse to serve in the Israeli Army. Even we have differences in background and motivation about why we’ve written this letter. Nevertheless, against attacks on those who resist conscription, we support the resisters: the high school students who wrote a refusal declaration letter, the Ultra orthodox protesting the new conscription law, the Druze refusers, and all those whose conscience, personal situation, or economic well-being do not allow them to serve. Under the guise of a conversation about equality, these people are forced to pay the price. No more.
The petition for Israeli soldiers and reservists is located at Lo-Meshartot.org
Refutation Of Mainstream –Accepted Racist Zionist Lies Behind
Israel ‘s Gaza Massacres And Palestinian Genocide
By Dr Gideon Polya
26 July, 2014
The latest Gaza Massacre by Apartheid Israel continues in the Gaza Concentration Camp. 26 July is now Day 18 of the latest Israeli Gaza Massacre (aka Operation Protective Edge”) that commenced on 8 July 2014 after the discovery on 30 June 2014 of the bodies of 3 Israeli settler teenagers on the West Bank (killed by persons unknown but possibly by Israeli state terrorists), and the subsequent Israeli killing of 5 Occupied Palestinians and the burning alive by racist Zionists of an Occupied Palestinian child. As of 26 July 2014, about 900 Palestinians have been killed, 6,000 injured, 150,000 rendered homeless and most of the 0.9 million children in the Gaza Concentration Camp have been traumatized . Yet the World, and the US lackey West in particular, fails to act. That inaction is bolstered by widespread Mainstream media and politician acceptance of numerous utterly false Zionist and pro-Zionist one-liners used to support the ongoing Apartheid Israeli Palestinian Genocide. Indeed an appropriate anagram of ISRAEL is E-LIARS. These false Zionist one-liners are refuted below.
1. “ Israel ”, “State of Israel ”. Falsely appropriated by genocidally racist Zionists, “Israel” is the ancient name for Torah-observant Orthodox Jews who reject the “State of Israel” as a blasphemy and heresy, and have a 2,000 year old belief that Jews can only return to Zion (Jerusalem) after the Messiah (Moschiach) reveals the glory of the Lord (Adonai, G-d) to the whole world .
2. “ Israel has the right to defend itself”. But not disproportionately. In the latest Gaza Massacre by Apartheid Israel about 900 Palestinians have been killed and 5,000 wounded in the Gaza Concentration Camp versus zero (0) Israelis killed by Gaza rockets in the year preceding the invasion and only 28 killed thus in the previous 14 years i.e. 2 per year as compared to 120 Israelis murdered by fellow Israelis each year. The Palestinian Genocide has involved 2 million Palestinians killed from violence (0.1 million) or from violently-imposed deprivation (1.9 million) since 1936 and the ethnic cleansing of 90% of Mandatory Palestine versus about 3,800 Zionist or Israeli deaths by the “enemy” since 1920 [3, 4].
3. “ Israel is a democracy”. The race-based, racist Zionist-run Apartheid State of Israel is a democracy by genocide. Of about 12 million Palestinians only the adults of 1.7 million Palestinian Israelis (21% of the Israeli population) can vote for the government ruling all of Palestine plus part of Lebanon and a near-completely ethnically cleansed part of Syria , albeit as third class citizens under Nazi-style Apartheid laws. 1.8 million Occupied Palestinians are abusively confined without human rights to the Gaza Concentration Camp and 2.5 million Occupied Palestinians live under highly abusive military rule without human rights in West Bank mini-Bantustans. 72% of Apartheid Israel ‘s Indigenous Palestinian subjects are prevented from voting for the government ruling all of the former Mandatory Palestine. About 6 million Palestinians are forbidden to even step foot in Palestine . There are 5.9 million Jewish Israelis and 0.3 million non-Jewish and non-Arab Israelis with full human rights [3, 5].
4. ”Hamas are terrorists”. Terrorist is as terrorist does. In 1944 German Nazi leader Adolph Hitler responded viciously to a partisan bombing of German soldiers in Italy by ordering reprisals of 10 civilians to be executed for every German soldiers killed by Indigenous partisans i.e. an “Indigenous civilian executions”/”killed German invader” “death ratio” of 10. This order was carried out in the Ardeatine Caves Massacre of 1944 in which 335 Italian political prisoners and Jews were executed after 28 German soldiers were killed in a partisan bombing. The historical Palestinians killed / Zionist invader “death ratio” is 2 million/3,800 = 526. Hamas overwhelmingly won the 2006 Occupied Palestinian elections held under Israeli guns i.e. it has been democratically elected whereas Apartheid Israeli is a democracy by genocide and apartheid, and Israeli state terrorism is second only to US state terrorism .
5. “ Gaza War”, “ Gaza conflict”. The Occupied Palestinians are conquered subjects of Apartheid Israel which grossly violates the Geneva Convention, the UN Genocide Convention, the UN Charter, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Refugee Convention, the Indigenous Rights Convention, the Rights of the Child Convention and numerous ICJ, UNGA and UNSC resolutions. Whereas Nazi Germany policed their concentration camps with malnourishment and soldiers with small arms, Nazi Israel (Nazi is as Nazi does) polices the Gaza Concentration Camp with high explosive shelling, rocketing, and bombing, variously from air, land and sea forces, as well as by malnourishment-inducing and child-stunting blockade.
6. “Anti-Semite”, “anti-Semitic”. These terms of abuse applied by Zionists to critics of Apartheid Israel are utterly false. Indeed the genocidally racist and anti-Semitic neo-Nazi mass murderer Anders Breivik is very pro-Apartheid Israel . The outstanding anti-racist Jewish American scholar Professor Bertell Ollman has stated: “ Furthermore, if Zionism is indeed a particularly virulent form of nationalism and, increasingly, of racism and if Israel is acting toward its captive minority in ways that resemble more and more how the Nazis treated their Jews, then we must also say so. For obvious reasons, the Zionists are very sensitive about being compared to the Nazis (not so sensitive that it has restrained them in their actions but enough to bellow “unfair” and to charge “anti-Semitism” when it happens). Yet, the facts on the ground, when not obscured by one or another Zionist rationalization, show that the Zionists are the worst anti-Semites in the world today, oppressing a Semitic people as no nation has done since the Nazis. No, the Zionists are not yet quite as bad as the Nazis, not yet, but isn’t the world witnessing a creeping ethnic cleansing against the Palestinians at this very moment? ” . Indeed the racist Zionists and their supporters are not only the world’s worst anti-Arab anti-Semites and Islamophobes through the Palestinian Genocide and the even bloodier, Zionist-promoted and Zionist -complicit Iraqi Genocide , Afghan Genocide and Muslim Genocide (deaths from violence and from violently-imposed deprivation about 2 million, 5 million, 6 million and 12 million, respectively)  but are currently the world’s most dangerous anti-Jewish anti-Semites through their false conflation of their cause and actions with all Jews. Anti-racist Jews inside Apartheid Israel and around the world are among the most prominent critics of Apartheid Israel ‘s horrendous human rights abuses and its ongoing Palestinian Genocide [3, 10-13].
7. “Anti-Semitic Jews”, “self-hating Jews” are utterly false abusive epithets applied by genocidally racist Zionists to anti-racist Jews who like all anti-racists are morally obliged to protest the horrendous, genocidal crimes of Apartheid Israel [10-14] and have an especial moral and emotional imperative to “bear witness” from the WW2 Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million dead, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation)  .
8. “The Holocaust”. The racist Zionists (who collaborated with the German Nazis before and during WW2)  have appropriated the WW2 Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million dead, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation) as “The Holocaust” and implicitly as “the only holocaust” to the grossly holocaust-denying exclusion of many other holocausts, including the Palestinian Genocide and Palestinian Holocaust ( involving 2 million Palestinians killed from violence (0.1 million) or from violently-imposed deprivation (1.9 million) since 1936)  , the WW2 European Holocaust (30 million Slav, Jewish and Gypsy dead) of which the WW2 Jewish Holocaust was a part , and a more general WW2 Holocaust that also included 40 million Chinese killed by the Japanese and 6-7 million Indians starved to death by the British (with grain-withholding Australian complicity) for strategic purposes, and which was the first WW2 atrocity to have been called a “holocaust” [14-16].
9. “Jewish state”. In 1880 of 500,000 people in Palestine 25,000 were Jews, of whom half were immigrants. Even today, despite the horrendous racist Zionist Palestinian Genocide, Jewish Israelis represent a minority in Apartheid Israel-ruled Palestine, the 12.2 million Israeli subjects including 4.3 million Occupied Palestinians, 1.7 million Palestinians Israelis, 5.9 million Jewish Israelis and 0.3 million non-Arab, non-Jewish Israelis . Of course, what extraordinary Zionist mendacity and hubris that after invading, devastating and ethnically cleansing the country of another people the minority racist Zionists would declare the consequent racist travesty a “Jewish state”. Of course all decent anti-racist people , including anti-racist Jews, reject this genocidally racist perversion.
10. “Peace process”. The fact on the ground of a 90% ethnically cleansed former Mandatory Palestine means that the “peace process” is simply a blatant fiction to hide long-term racist Zionist occupation of all of Palestine and then some except for the Gaza Concentration Camp and some scattered West Bank mini-Bantustans or Palestinian Ghettoes. And of course the “peace process” is conducted between the nuclear terrorist Apartheid state with one of the biggest war machines in the world and its impoverished, imprisoned, horribly abused and essentially unarmed Indigenous Palestinian subjects.
11. “2-state solution”. The 2-state solution has been overtaken by racist Zionist expansionism, 90% ethnic cleansing of the former Mandatory Palestine, and actual physical Zionist occupation of all of the land of Palestine except for the Gaza Concentration Camp and some scattered, military-guarded West Bank mini-Bantustans or Palestinian Ghettoes.
12. “Exile”, “ Kingdom of David and Solomon”, “Exile”. Anti-racist Jewish Israeli historian Professor Shlomo Sand in his book “The Invention of the Jewish People”  points out that there is no Ancient Egyptian evidence for the Exodus of the Hebrews from Egypt in circa 1000 BC; no evidence for an extensive Kingdom of David and Solomon except for a small district immediately around Israelite-captured and ethnically cleansed Jerusalem; and no evidence for Roman ethnic cleansing of Palestine (the Romans wanted productive taxpayers, lacked railways and cattle trucks, and only carted off conquered war-making Jewish Zealots as slaves). Indeed the latest genetic research has found that the maternal ancestry of Ashkenazi Jews (middle and eastern European Jews) is unrelated to the Middle East and instead largely related to the prehistoric inhabitants of Europe . Religion aside, the cultural and ethnic descendants of the Jews of Palestine at the time of Christ are the Indigenous Palestinians. In contrast, the Jewish Israelis mostly descend from Berber, Yemeni and Khazar converts to a more universalist Judaism of the first millennium AD .
13. “Historical home of the Jewish people”. Further to point #12, Judaism is a religion and Jews – from Assimilated, secular Jews to religiously Orthodox Jewish communities in different countries throughout the world – represent the complex historical outcome of adherents to that religion. Indeed, apart from Jesus Christ and religion-based ethics, the greatest contributions to Humanity of the Jewish people have been from Jews who gave up their religion from Spinoza to the assimilated, secular Jews of the 19th and 20th centuries. Numerous peoples have inhabited Palestine historically, notably as recounted in the Old Testament of the Holy Bible when the barbarous Israelites, then as now, were attempting to ethnically cleanse their neighbours. The obscenity of Zionism was invented in the 19th century as a genocidally racist, colonialist European venture in opposition to the Orthodox Jewish tradition and the brilliant intellectual flowering of the Jewish Assimilationists. The genetic forebears of the Indigenous Palestinians went back continuously to the very dawn of agrarian civilization. Prior to post-WW1 Zionist invasion and colonization, Jerusalem and Palestine were no more Jewish than London (Londinium) and Britain (Britannia) are Roman or Italian. In 1917 racist and imperialist warmonger Lord Balfour offered newly-conquered Palestine as a “home for the Jewish people” (albeit with the caveat of no detriment to Jews or the Indigenous Palestinians) simply as a throw-away ploy to get Russian Zionists to try to keep Russia in the war against Germany . There have been about 20 places around the world suggested as Jewish colonies  and indeed genocidally racist psychopath Theodor Herzl, the founder of Zionism, toyed with the idea of newly ethnically-cleansed Argentina as an alternative to Palestine . The wonderful Mahatma Gandhi stated (1938): “ Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs. What is going on in Palestine today cannot be justified by any moral code of conduct. The mandates have no sanction but that of the last war. Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home. The nobler course would be to insist on a just treatment of the Jews wherever they are born and bred. The Jews born in France are French. If the Jews have no home but Palestine , will they relish the idea of being forced to leave the other parts of the world in which they are settled? Or do they want a double home where they can remain at will? This cry for the national home affords a colourable justification for the German expulsion of the Jews” .
14. “Singling out Israel ”. This is a fatuous and false argument that can subvert scrutiny of any atrocity. Outstanding Jewish Canadian humanitarian writer Naomi Klein has put the counter-argument succinctly: “There is a debate among Jews – I’m a Jew by the way. The debate boils down to the question: “Never again to everyone, or never again to us?… [Some Jews] even think we get one get-away-with-genocide-free card…There is another strain in the Jewish tradition that say[s], ‘Never again to anyone.”” . Moshe Menuhin, the anti-Zionis,t scholarly father of anti-racist Jewish citizen of the world and musician Yehudi Menuhin, put it even more succinctly: “Jews should be Jews – not Nazis” .
15. “Hamas uses human shields”. The Gaza Concentration Camp is one of the most densely populated entities in the world. The alternative to Hamas having its offices, homes and facilities inside the Gaza conurbation is to have them in open paddocks where they would be instantly destroyed by the Israelis.
16. “Hamas targets Israeli civilians”. The Gaza rockets have killed 28 Israelis in 14 years or an average of 2 per year as compared to an Israeli homicide rate of 120 Israelis being murdered by fellow Israelis every year. Indeed , when it is not committing violent massacres of Palestinian, Apartheid Israel passively murders 4,200 Occupied Palestinian each year through imposed egregious deprivation, noting that the annual per capita income is a First World $31,537 for Apartheid Israel and a Third World $2,431 for the Occupied Palestinian Territories under the heel of genocidally racist Apartheid Israel [25, 26].
While Neocon American and Zionist Imperialist (NAZI)-perverted and subverted Mainstream media accept and promote the above racist Zionist (RZ) lies, they eschew the horrendous realities. Thus while numerous anti-racist Jewish and non-Jewish scholars, writers and leaders talk of a “Palestinian Genocide”  by “Apartheid Israel” , and of repeated Israeli Gaza Massacres in the “Gaza Concentration Camp” , these very terms are scrupulously avoided by Zionist perverted and subverted Mainstream media, including the lying, censoring and pro-Zionist UK BBC and its lying, censoring and pro-Zionist Australian cousin the ABC.
German Nazism in WW2 was anti-democracy corporatism (Fascism) combined with ultranationalism, militarism, expansionism and genocidal racism. Post-war Israeli Nazism is similarly anti-democracy corporatism (Fascism) combined with ultranationalism, militarism, expansionism and genocidal racism. Nazism is as Nazism does and like Apartheid Israel-backed, Nazi-influenced, Nazi-style Apartheid South Africa, Neocon American and Zionist Imperialist (NAZI)-backed Apartheid Israel is a genocidally racist, militarist, war criminal, Fascist rogue state i.e. a Nazi state, a Nazi Israel ruled by and for Nazi Israelis. The Nazi-style racist Zionists (RZs, Zionazis) running Apartheid Israel are well aware of their Nazi-style crimes and the Israeli Parliament (the Knesset) recently overwhelmingly voted for the criminalization of drawing such Nazi Germany analogies ( violators would be subject to up to six months’ imprisonment and a fine of up to $28,700) .
As Apartheid Israel continues its latest Gaza Massacre against its nearly 2 million wretchedly impoverished subjects in the Gaza Concentration Camp – half of them children, three quarters of them women and children – decent people around the world must do their best to expose and oppose the ongoing racist Zionist Palestinian Genocide and the attendant Zionist and pro-Zionist Mainstream lying outlined above.
Aside from the continuing horrendous maltreatment of the Palestinian people by the racist Zionists, the attendant Zionist and Mainstream public lying per se represents a huge threat (A) to anti-racist Jews and (B) to Humanity as a whole. Thus (A) the false conflation of all Jews with the racist Zionist enterprise dangerously defames and threatens anti-racist Jews who utterly abhor the racist Zionist crimes of human rights abuse, gigantic larceny, egregious mass child abuse, mass murder, and genocide; and (B) lying in general subverts rational risk management that is crucial for societal safety and successively involves (a) acquisition of accurate information, (b) scientific analysis involving the critical testing of potentially falsifiable hypotheses, and (c) science-informed systemic change to minimize risk, noting that the world faces enormous threats from nuclear weapons, poverty and man-made climate change .
Peace is the only way but silence kills and silence is complicity. Decent people around the world must (1) inform everyone they can about the horrendous lies, human rights abuses and war crimes of Apartheid Israel (Nazi Israel) in its ongoing Palestinian Genocide; (2) demand immediate cessation of murderous Israeli violence, human rights abuse, and Occupation; (3) demand equal rights and one-man-one-vote for all the present subjects of Apartheid Israel in the former Mandatory Palestine; (4) demand justice through the International Criminal Court or through an International Tribunal of the most eminent humanitarians; and (5) urge and apply Boycotts, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) against not just US-, UK-, EU-, Canada- and Australia-backed Apartheid Israel but also, where practicable, against all people, politicians, parties, collectives, companies, corporations and countries complicit in Apartheid Israeli and Nazi Israeli state terrorism in Palestine, the Middle East and indeed throughout the world.
. Hal Hodsen, “ Gaza conflict will traumatize a generation of children”, New Scientist, 22 July 2014:http://www.newscientist.
. Neturei Karta, “Israeli Independence Day”: http://www.nkusa.org/
. “Palestinian Genocide”: https://sites.
. “Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel ”, Wikipedia: http://en.
. Gideon Polya, “Apartheid Israel excludes Occupied Palestinians from all provisions of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights”, Countercurrents, 20 May, 2012: http://www.
. Gideon Polya, “ Horrendous Palestinian/Israeli Death Ratios – World Must Stop Latest Israeli Gaza Massacre”, Countercurrents, 12 July, 2014: http://www.
. Gideon Polya, “Bush, Blair & Breivik”, MWC News, 1 August 2011: http://mwcnews.net/
. Bertell Ollman “Letter of resignation from the Jewish people”, Dialectical Marxism,https://www.nyu.edu/
. “Muslim Holocaust Muslim Genocide”: https://sites.
. “Jews Against Racist Zionism”: https://sites.
. “Boycott Apartheid Israel ”: https://sites.google.com/
. “Non-Jews Against Racist Zionism”: https://sites.
. “Gaza Concentration Camp”: https://sites.google.
. Gideon Polya, “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950”, that includes a history of every country since Neolithic times and is now available for free perusal on the web: http://globalbodycount.
. Gideon Polya, “Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History”, now available for free perusal on the web:http://janeaustenand.
. Gideon Polya, “ Australia and Britain killed 6-7 million Indians in WW2 Bengal Famine”, Countercurrrents,29 September 2011: http://www.
. Shlomo Sand “The Invention of the Jewish People”.
. Martin Richards et al, “A substantial prehistoric European ancestry amongst Ashkenazi maternal lineages”, Nature, 2013:http://www.nature.com/
 Sir Martin Gilbert, “First World War 1”, p373).
. Martin Gilbert (1969), “ Jewish History Atlas” .
. Theodor Herzl. “Der Judenstaat” (The Jewish State”), 1896; Chapter 2.
. Mahatma Gandhi, “The Jews”, Harijan, 26 November 1938).
. Naomi Klein quoted in Yotam Feldman, “Naomi Klein: oppose the state not the people”, Haaretz, 2 July 2007:http://haaretz.com/hasen/
. Moshe Menuhin quoted by Grace Halsell in “Like father, like son: a tribute to Moshe and Yehudi Menuhin”, Washington Report on Middle East Affairs (WRMEA), July 1996: http://www.wrmea.com/
. “List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita”, Wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.
. Gideon Polya, “Anti-racist Jewish and non-Jewish figures & Nobel Laureates demand arms embargo on Apartheid Israel ”, Countercurrents, 21 July 2014: http://www.
. Jonathan Lis, “Bill to ban use of Nazi symbols passes first hurdle”, Haaretz, 16 January 2014:http://www.haaretz.com/
. “Are we doomed?”: https://sites.
Dr Gideon Polya has been teaching science students at a major Australian university for 4 decades. He published some 130 works in a 5 decade scientific career, most recently a huge pharmacological reference text “Biochemical Targets of Plant Bioactive Compounds” (CRC Press/Taylor & Francis, New York & London , 2003). He has published “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950” (G.M. Polya, Melbourne, 2007: http://globalbodycount.