By- rapper activist, Ashwini Mishra
43 families living in Ganesh Kripa Society lost their homes in the first week of April in the illegal Golimar demolitions. The demolitions, driven by Shivalik Builders continued even after Union Minister of Housing Ajay Maken requested the Maharashtra CM to stop them. These demolitions have been driven by a huge scam and the demolitions were supposed to be stopped till investigation was completed.
As of now 43 families are now living on the Maidan but their spirit remains strong. At time of this video, they along with Medha Patkar have been fasting for 5 days to protest the illegal demolitions. By law the builders have to provide the residents alernative accomodations. But no such action has been taken. Stand in solidarity with the people of Golibar and protest this brutal denial of housing rights of the poor.
- Medha Patkar Fast at Golibar- Govt has agreed to stop demolition but not given in writing yet (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- PRESS RELEASE- Under pressure Maharashtra government initiates dialogue with Medha Patkar and NAPM (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- PRESS RELEASE- Maharashtra Government Takes no Action Against Proved Illegality by Shivalik Builders (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Housing Minister Ajay Maken asks CM to investigate Golibar scam; demolitions instead (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #Mumbai -Why is Medha Patkar on Indefinite #HungerStrike since April 4th, 2013 at Golibar #mustshare (kractivist.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply