TNN Mar 1, 2013, 07.24AM IST
Zila Parishad|Woman gives birth on roadside|Aadhar card
JAIPUR: A 23-year-old tribal woman delivered a child while standing in a queue to apply for an Aadhar card in Rajasthan‘s Udaipur on Thursday .
Local women helped Logri Gameti deliver the child on the roadside after getting no response from the government-run 108 ambulance service and then rushed them to a hospital .
The district collector said he knew nothing about the incident despite angry locals alleging negligence in providing timely medical attention to Logri . They said they repeatedly kept calling for an ambulance but it did not arrive .
“I received a call from local residents that a woman went into labour while standing in queue for an Aadhar card . I rushed to the camp and found that the woman had given birth to a baby girl,” Zila Parishad councilor Ayub Khan said .
Khan said that Logri was forced to stand in the queue as it was necessary for her to give finger prints and other identification details herself . “Her husband Narayan Lal Gameti had brought her to the camp despite her pregnancy,” Khan said .
He added that as soon as the labour pain started the locals called the ‘108’ ambulance service run by the state government . They were told that it was unavailable .
“The call operator said that one ambulance had broken down while the remaining two were unavailable . As labour pain became unbearable, the local women surrounded her and helped her deliver the baby on the roadside,” he said .
“Both the woman and the child are admitted to the hospital . Doctors say their condition is stable,” Khan said.
Udaipur district collector Vikas Bhale expressed ignorance about the incident. “No one informed the administration officials. I don’t know about the delivery,” said the officer.
Raghuveer Kaushal, a local who was at the camp at the time said that long queues are an everyday affair at Aadhar card camps in the city. “The problem has been brought to the notice of senior administration officers but they have paid no heed. Old and sick people are forced to stand in long queues,” said Kaushal.
- No Aadhar card? You could be a suspect #UID #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Migrant students face UID nightmare WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Linking #Aadhaar to Direct Benefit Transfer scheme a mistake, says Aruna Roy #UID #biometrics (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- The Aadhaar Card – What are the real intentions of the UPA ? #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- 169 Aadhaar cards seized from a house #UID #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Old #Aadhaar applicants may have to reapply #UID #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Aadhaar Card, Now Mandatory for School Students? #WTFnews #UID #illegal (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- 61-year-old gets UID card with teen’s pic #WTFnews #Aadhaar (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Aadhar number mandatory for EPFO (consumerresources.in)
- Aruna Roy to FM-on pre-budget consultations on social issues #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply