Updated: Oct 12, 2020, 09:31 AM IST
In a horrific incident, a minor girl was allegedly raped at the Government Polytechnic College located in the Sipri Bazar police station area of Jhansi.
The victim was raped by one person, while ten-twelve students beat her up and shot videos of the incident. The accused even blackmailed the girl by threatening to post the video on social media and took Rs 2000 from her.
Police have arrested three people in the case, including the main accused. All the accused are students of polytechnic.
As per Jhansi SSP Dinesh Kumar Prabhu, the family of a minor girl of the Sipri Bazar police station area gave a police complaint on Sunday evening. The complaint said that the victim went to meet someone in the state polytechnic with one of her friends on a scooty. Here 10-12 students beat up the girl and her friend. The girl said that the accused dragged her to the hostel where she was raped.
During this, the other accused recorded the video. The girl was then threatened to share the video on social media and 2000 rupees were taken from her.
The SSP said that an FIR has been registered against the accused on several counts including rape, robbery, IT Act, POCSO against the accused on the complaint. Three people have been arrested and all the accused involved in the incident will be nabbed as soon as possible.
What you need to Know
- A group of young men circled a minor girl in Jhansi town and raped her inside a college in broad daylight.
- The rape survivor is college student who arrived on a scooty with a male friend, when a gang of boys circled them and took the girl away inside the college premises.
- The girl was raped while her friend was beaten up by other men of the accused gang.
- This incident took place outside the government polytechnic in Jhansi.
- The accused, according to reports, recorded a video while raping the girl. They later threatened the rape survivor saying they would put it on the internet.
- As per media reports from the region, the rape survivor has complaint against a number men. Police claims they have launched different teams to arrest the accused who has been identified as ‘Prakash.’
- ”We have identified the accused,” said a senior police official as per this report. Police said that a case was registered in this connection against 12 youths and a hunt was launched to nab them.
- 2000 rupees were reportedly taken away from the girl, after threatening her that the recorded video of the incident will be made viral.
- FIR against the accused has been registered on counts of rape, POCSO, robbery and IT Act.
- Rape survivors face challenges in registering FIRs and this is even tougher for Dalit survivors in the state of Uttar Pradesh.