Balasore, March 16, 2013
team and a sniffer dog have been engaged to investigate the death Behera. The body has been sent for autopsy,” a police officer said.
Police came to know of the incident last night. They sealed the house and deployed a police guard outside the residence this morning, the officer said.
Though preliminary investigation suggests it could be a case of smothering and homicide, details would be known after autopsy, the police said.
As the body was getting decomposed it is suspected that it must have been lying there for over 24 hours, the officer said.
Anupama Behera, an officer of the Odisha Judicial Service (OJS), was posted as Process Inspector in the District Judicial Court at Balasore.
She was staying alone as her husband is a doctor posted at Kanasa in Puri district.
She had recently been transferred to Koraput as Sub-judge and was to join there on March 25.
- Mumbai – Woman gang-raped in front of male friend throughout night #VAW #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Man held for trying to molest woman in Noida #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Mumbai – First all-women court set up under session judge Vrushali Joshi #Vaw #Justice #goodnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- NHRC moved over chaining of mentally-ill woman #Vaw (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Open Letter to the Chief minister of Odisha #Vaw #Womensday (kractivist.wordpress.com)