MindFreedom International: Michael Cornwall, Ph.D.
LAST SHOW OF 2012! Join guest host SOPHIE FAUGHT and veteran clinician, Mad In America blogger and activist MICHAEL CORNWALL to talk about madness: “If madness isn’t what psychiatry says it is, then what is it?” LIVE on Saturday, 8 December 2012, at 2 pm ET, 11 am PT; we’ll be taking your calls at (646) 595-2125.
MindFreedom International presents:
ALTERNATIVE MENTAL HEALTH RADIO
On the topic of:
If madness isn’t what psychiatry says it is, then WHAT IS IT?
- MICHAEL CORNWALL, PH.D. (photo on right), went through an intense, lengthy period of un-medicated madness in his early twenties that set the course for his vocation as a therapist.
- He served for three years in a 20 bed open door, restraint, medication and diagnosis free, extreme states sanctuary called I-Ward, and completed doctoral research on John Weir Perry’s medication free sanctuary, Diabasis House.
- For over 30 years he has served people in extreme states and other forms of emotional suffering, while also being a community grassroots politics leader in the human rights struggle against the abuses of psychiatry.
- Michael uses his personal experience of unmedicated madness to ask: “If madness isn’t what psychiatry says it is, than what is it?”
Join Michael and guest host SOPHIE FAUGHT (coordinator of MindFreedom International’s I GOT BETTER campaign to raise awareness of recovery in mental health) for an exciting dialogue about the importance of madness on both the individual and societal levels.
Tune in live at www.blogtalkradio.com/davidwoaks, and join the conversation yourself!
Want to ask our guest about his unique experiences of madness? Have observations or experiences of your own to share about the nature of madness for the individual and society? We’ll be taking your calls at (646) 595-2125.
Listen to the archive any time you like, at
Tips About How to Listen and Call-in Live (or hear the archive later)
At the start of the show, 2 pm ET or 11 am PT, you can listen by going to the Blog Talk Radio site hosting this monthly “Second Saturday” show, here:
Call-in Number: (646) 595-2125.
You can listen and call-in live and free by either computer or phone from anywhere in the world.
- USA: 11 am Pacific, 12 noon Mountain, 1 pm Central, 2 pm Eastern
- UTC/GMT: 6 pm [18:00]
- Ireland: 7 pm [19:00]
- Berlin: 8 pm [20:00]
- Auckland, NZ: 6 am
To find your local time click here.
Can’t get to a computer that day? No problem! You can use the call-in number (646) 595-2125 just to listen, like a teleconference.
Online, you can also join a live chat with MFI Web Radio Show.
You can call in via phone, BlogTalkRadio web site or Skype.
- MindFreedom – Long Bio (madinamerica.com)
- Stream Free 30 Minute Radio Shows Using BlogTalkRadio (makeuseof.com)
- Make Aboriginal mental health a national priority: Commission (nacchocommunique.com)
Leave a Reply