Bengaluru: Several migrant students and professionals are in a dilemma about enrolling for Aadhar. Since many often need to relocate for higher studies or jobs, it becomes difficult for them to go back to their home states every time for documents and follow up with the local offices.
Unaware of the exact rules, Sharmila Mukherjee, a student, was asked to apply for her Aadhar card in her hometown when she recently went to enrol in Bengaluru. She is a resident of Asansol who did her graduation in Kolkata and is now doing her Masters in Bengaluru. Her IDs show her permanent address and she was asked to get her Aadhar card made there. But such a rule doesn’t exist and she was unnecessarily harassed.
As per the rules, “Anybody can get their Aadhar cards made anywhere in India. It is on a national platform. Students or professionals can apply in whichever state they are currently residing. All they have to ensure is that there should be someone to collect their Aadhar cards at their permanent address when it is sent by mail, in case they are not there at that point of time.” said Ashok Dalwai, Deputy Director- General, Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
The process is the same for everyone, irrespective of the address their IDs have and where they are currently residing. They need to provide their identity proof and address proof while enrolling for their Aadhar card and their biometric authentication will be done at the location where the enrolment has been done. If the documents are authentic and verified, then there should be no problem for anybody to get their Aadhar card, Dalwai added.
He, however,pointed out that multiple enrolments should not be done as that would delay the process and every individual would get only one Aadhar card.
- No Aadhar card? You could be a suspect #UID #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- Open letter- refusal of pension if not enrolled in #Aadhar #UID #humanrights #mustread (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Old #Aadhaar applicants may have to reapply #UID #WTFnews (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #India- #Aadhaar Roundup: Ration Cards, Govt Salaries, Passport, Direct Cash Transfer & More #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- Aadhaar Card, Now Mandatory for School Students? #WTFnews #UID #illegal (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- #Aadhaar enrollment rejected for being duplicate although that was not the case #WTFnews #UID (kractivist.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply